Teaching in academia demands specialization. This demand and the commitment for achieving it are the basis of the studies in MOFET’s School for Professional Specialization.
Target audience: Academic staff members, in teacher education institutes, who wish to foster their expertise and advance in academia by means of study, participation in a fruitful peer-community, and an established guidance up their academic career.
- Teaching, Guidance and Mentoring;
- Research and Writing;
- Academic Management and Entrepreneurship;
- The Development of an Academic Career.
- Striving towards expertise and professional-academic development;
- Encouraging career-long learning;
- Developing learning and research communities;
- Encouraging initiatives for fostering a culture of growth in academic institutions.
- Plenary sessions: Lectures and discussions; broadening the theoretical basis of educational thought and action; enrichment of varied and up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Small group meetings: Discussing dilemmas and problems raised by the participants; sharing information; analyzing events and solving problems; designing projects; research and writing; peer learning.
- Practicum: Guided experiential workshops; PBL; group and individual counseling; experiencing unique learning environments.
- Study tours: Visits to institutions with innovative learning environments and meetings with position holders.
- Personal guidance: A team of mentors accompanies the participants in their work and in the process of their professional growth.